Collection of Information
We Gather the Following Personal Information About Customers:
Information That You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or that you give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but this will limit your ability to purchase products offered on the website, or to take advantage of some of our features for website customers.
When you place an order with us, your contact information is used to communicate related information, such as order and shipment confirmation, release date changes and requests for more information to facilitate the processing of your order. You may opt-out of these communications by cancelling your order.
We use customer contact information from the account form to customize future shopping for you, to improve our website and products, and, if you choose, to send you information about our company and to inform you of sales and special offers. If, after receiving a non-order related email, you do not want to receive such emails in the future, you can notify us, by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link attached to each email.
We obtain information about you when you search, buy, participate in a contest or questionnaire, communicate with customer service, or otherwise contact us or post information on the website. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through SDRI or provide information to update or create your account with us (you may have more than one account if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; create any wish or gift list; participate in any forums or discussion areas or product reviews; or create any alerts or other email notification services we may offer now or in the future. The information collected typically includes your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; content of reviews you may provide; e-mails to us; and any other personal information that you provide to us or post on the website.
We occasionally run our own email surveys and we ask visitors for contact, demographic and technical information. We use contact data from our surveys to send users information about our company. This information is also used to contact visitors to learn more about specific problems they might have reported or to give them rewards, if such a reward program is part of the survey. The demographic information is used to learn more about the types of people who visit our site.
We run contests on our site in which we ask visitors for contact information (such as their email address). We use this information to contact the winners. We may share contest information entered on our website with our business and marketing partners.
Automatic Collection of Information: If you purchase any products online, or have any other interaction with our website, we will receive and store information that you provide or that is generated by your actions. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies," which are placed on your computer (explained in more detail below), to remember your name and the contents of your shopping cart. This allows you to leave our site, come back later, and still have the contents of your shopping cart intact. It also lets us personalize your experience at SDRI, tailoring the content to your interests. A number of companies offer utilities designed to help you visit websites anonymously, but if you use these utilities, it may limit your ability to use personalized features that we offer.
The information we receive or can determine from your interaction with our website includes your Internet (IP) address; login and password information; e-mail address; web browser type and version; operating system and computer platform; purchase history, which we may aggregate with similar information from other customers; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our website, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; areas of our website you visited; and the phone number you used to call our toll-free number. We also may log the length of time of your visit and the number of times you visit and purchase from us. We assign you a unique internal identifier to help keep track of your future visits.
E-mail Communications: We provide email links on our "Support" page that allow you to contact us directly with any questions or comments you may have. We may receive a confirmation when you open any e-mail that we send to you, if your computer supports such capabilities. If you send us any email, we will retain such email and your email address for response. We also may compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary or duplicate messages to you.
An Explanation of "Cookies" Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that are placed by us on your computer's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser when you make future visits to our website, and to store certain information (such as items placed in your shopping cart) between visits.
Sharing of Information
Sharing with Third Parties. We may share customer information that we collect with third parties. Usually, this information will be shared with a third party that has a relationship with us as a business partner or marketing partner. (See information on Third Party Relationships below.) Also, we may use the information that you provide us, or that we collect about you, in connection with the promotion of our products and services and those of our affiliates. It is not our policy to sell or rent lists of our website customers to unaffiliated third parties.
Sharing with our Contractors. We also may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include order fulfillment, package delivery, postal mail and e-mail communications, customer lists management, data analysis, marketing assistance, credit card processing, and customer relationship management. These companies and individuals have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but they are not permitted to use such information for other purposes without our permission.
Promotional Offers May be Sent to You. We may send you offers on behalf of our company, if we believe that you may be interested in receiving these offers. If, after receiving a non-order related email, you do not want to receive such emails in the future, you can notify us, by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link attached to each email.
Sale or Acquisition of Business Units. As we continue to develop our business, we may buy or sell business divisions or companies, we may merge or combine with another company, or our company itself, or all or a significant part of its assets, may be acquired by another company. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred and shared business assets. The information transferred and shared remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing privacy notice (unless, of course, the customer has agreed to be subject to new privacy notice terms).
Other Circumstances. If we want to share personal information other than as permitted or described above, we will notify you, and you may choose to instruct us not to share the information.
Third Party Relationships
We have several types of third-party relationships:
- We may choose in the future to offer an affiliate program through a third-party affiliate manager. This program allows other websites to earn money by directing people (through links) to our website. If you sign up as an affiliate, your contact information (website address and related information, email address, mailing and payment addresses, and contact information) is sent to the third-party affiliate manager, who activates your affiliate status and pays you based on the sales you generate for SDRI, Inc. You may apply for this program using an Affiliate Program application. The Affiliate Program area is clearly labeled, and your information is never collected or shared unless you also fill out an Affiliate Program application.
- We bundle software with many of our products. None of your personal information will be provided to these software manufacturers by SDRI. You may choose to register your product independently with the software manufacturer. It is your responsibility to understand the privacy commitments of the software manufacturer, and SDRI accepts no responsibility for the future use of any information provided by you to the software manufacturer in this manner.
Security of Information Stored by Us
During transmission of information by you to our website, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We have to transmit the entire credit card number to the credit card processor or company during order processing.
To the extent that you use our website, and connect to us through your computer, anyone with access to your computer may be able to access our website and conduct transactions in your name. We have no ability to know who has access to your computer, or to your credit card information, or who you have authorized to use such computer or information. Persons with access to your computer may be able to view any private or stored account information or other information that you have given to us. Accordingly, you are responsible for any transactions that are made in your name by someone who has access to your computer or your credit card number. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to any login or password information, and to your computer.
You May Access, Change or Modify Your Personal Information
If you have purchased from us or created an account, our site provides you the opportunity to review, correct, or update your account information. You can do this by accessing www.spyderstyle.com and clicking on the "My Account" link.
Your Right to Choose (Opt-Out)
You always may choose not to provide information. Obviously, if you choose not to provide necessary information, we may not be able to process your orders or inquiries. If we permit you to update any information that we store about you, we may keep a copy of the previous information for our records.
If, after receiving a non-order related email, you do not want to receive such emails in the future, you can notify us, by clicking on the "unsubscribe" link attached to each email.
We May Change These Terms
Use of Our Website by Children
SDRI does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use SDRI only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Terms and Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit our website, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this privacy notice and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the State of Oregon. If you have any concerns or questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact:
Spyder Digital Research Inc.
213 Sterling Rd
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
As is the case with any business, our business changes over time, and our privacy notice and the Terms and Conditions of Use also will change. We may e-mail reminders of our notices and conditions. You should frequently check our website to see recent changes to these terms and policies. Unless stated otherwise, our current privacy notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.
Related Practices and Information
Terms and Conditions of Use may be found through the links on the bottom of the home page under "Terms & Conditions".
Still Have a Question?
If you didn't find what you needed here, feel free to call our Customer Service center at 416-769-0002 to speak with a Customer Service Representative. If you prefer, contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours of operation: Open Monday-Friday 9AM-6PM EST.
Spyder Digital Research Inc.
Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) Policy
Spyder Digital Research Inc (“Spyder”) has adopted the following Minimum Advertised Price Policy (“MAP Policy”) for all Spyder products, except as designated by Spyder from time to time in writing or as posted on a website (“Covered Products”). Spyder’s goal in establishing this policy is to avoid degradation of, or damage to, the premium quality and image of its Covered Products and to the trademarks, other marks, brands or trade names under which its Covered Products are sold. Spyder intends to sell these Covered Products only to Distributors/Resellers that do not advertise Covered Products below the Minimum Advertised Price set forth in this policy. Spyder may choose to enforce this policy through action up to and including termination of a Distributor/Reseller or other authorized distributor that advertises any Covered Product below the stated Minimum Advertised Price as set forth below. This MAP Policy will be applied and enforced as follows:
- The minimum advertised price (“MAP”) for each Covered Product shall be the price designated as the MAP on the current Spyder price list as issued by Spyder from time to time, or, if no MAP is listed for any Covered Product, the MAP will be the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (“MSRP”) for that Covered Product minus 10% of that MSRP. Current price lists may be obtained by contacting a Spyder sales representative. The MAP for one or more products may be amended from time to time and may be suspended periodically for national, regional and/or seasonal promotions sponsored by Spyder. Changes to the MAPs will be posted on the Spyder website designated by Spyder and will supersede the MAPs on the price lists. It is the responsibility of distributors of Spyder Covered Products to monitor the designated Spyder website for updates.
- This MAP Policy applies to any and all forms of print and electronic media, direct mail, and audio and video communications. Examples of communications to which the MAP Policy applies are set forth in the attached MAP Policy FAQs.
- Spyder considers any price advertised below the MAP a violation of its MAP Policy. For example, if a product with a MSRP of $99.99 is advertised at or below $89.99, this is a violation of the MAP Policy.
- The MAP Policy only applies to advertised prices of Covered Products, and not the prices at which Covered Products are actually sold. The dealer is free to resell Covered Products at any price of its choice.
- Spyder reserves the right to modify, suspend, or cancel the MAP Policy, or modify any or all MAPs at any time. Spyder will provide notice of any such modifications, suspension or cancellations on the designated Spyder website. It is the responsibility of each member of Spyder’s distribution network to monitor the Spyder designated website for updates.
If a dealer advertises prices below those required by this MAP Policy, Spyder shall take appropriate action to enforce this MAP Policy, including but not limited to one or more of the following actions:
- Notify the dealer of the non-compliant advertisement with a reminder of Spyder’s MAP Policy on Covered Products.
- Suspend the dealer’s right to sell the Spyder Covered Product in question for a period of time (e.g., thirty (30), forty-five (45) or ninety (90) days) depending on the breadth and severity of the MAP Policy violation, commencing from the date of notice from Spyder.;
- Suspend the dealer’s right to sell the entire Spyder product portfolio for a period of time (e.g., thirty (30), forty-five (45) or ninety (90) days) depending on the breadth and severity of the MAP Policy violation, commencing from the date of notice from Spyder.
- Suspend the dealer’s right to sell the entire Spyder product portfolio for a period of not less than one (1) year, commencing from the date of notice from Spyder.
- Terminate the Distributor/Reseller Agreement or other relevant agreement between Spyder and the member of the distribution network who has violated this MAP Policy.
Spyder will make all decisions concerning compliance with and enforcement of this MAP Policy unilaterally. This MAP Policy is a unilateral declaration of policy by Spyder and does not reflect or constitute an agreement between Spyder and any Distributor/Reseller, any other authorized distributor, or any other person or entity, and by issuing this policy Spyder is not seeking any such agreement.